So apparently I’ve been tagged by Quizoxy here to participate in this random circulating ask-me-I-ask-someone-else kind of game. I think it’d be rude if I outright ignore the challenge so here now I am writing all this. Who knows? Might be fun.
Rules of the Game
- Each person is supposed to follow the rule of fives. You are allowed to ask 5 questions, after which you can tag up to 5 bloggers by hyper-linking to their blog; 5 questions because it’s not too many to flood another blogger and occupy too much of his/her time, but yet a large enough number to ask your most important questions, and 5 bloggers to avoid spamming. Hence, prioritize your questions, and who you wish to ask!
- Those tagged are obliged to answer the questions in a blog post, and after which, they are entitled to create their own 5 questions and tag 5 other bloggers, so on and so forth. You should answer your own 5 questions as well. You are allowed to tag the person that tagged you in the first place. Also, copy and paste this section on your blog so others can understand how the game goes.
- In the case where a blogger strongly refuses to answer a question, he/she must instead post a nice anime image, wallpaper or cosplay picture, et cetera in response to that question.
- To make things interesting, a blogger can include wildcards in his/her 5 questions by placing an asterisk, (*), after which those tagged are obliged to reveal something interesting about themselves that others did not previously know. There is no limit to the number of asterisks one can place (which means there can be up to 5 wildcard questions).
- Anyone can feel free to start the game; you don’t necessarily need someone to tag you. Just create your 5 questions and tag your 5 people of choice. However, the catch is that you must answer your own 5 questions as well.
- To potentially prevent an endless game, this round of games will end on the 8th September 2012, 12pm JST (GMT +9). After which, no more bloggers can tag others to answer their questions.
Alright-o! Let’s get to answering!
1. Which two characters (Male+Female) will you like your parents to be in real life? Why?
Hmm…First question, tough question…I’d say…Fudo Zen from Aquarion and Cherry from Saber Marionette J!
I picked Cherry because ever since first watching Saber Marionette J back in the early 2000s, I thought of Cherry as my ideal housewife/mother. I picked Fudo to be my daddy because he is just so badass without even doing anything badass! Admit it, if you saw a guy like him out on the streets preaching about how doughnuts are related to the concept of the universe, you wouldn’t want to get anywhere near that guy!
2. Which anime series are you secretly inloved with?
I shall confess. I love Ikoku Meiro no Croisee and I’m not proud of it. I can proudly say I cried while watching Clannad. I can admit to watching Seikon no Qwaser…and enjoying it, but if you told me that you knew about me watching Ikoku Meiro no Croisee I would get flustered and start slapping you like a typical tsundere while denying everything! I’m not into slice-of-lifes. They are usually the shallowest of all anime shows in terms of plot and character. I tend to avoid shows about cute girls doing cute things but Yune was just too damn cute, she broke my anti-cuteness barrier, sucked out my soul and made me watch Ikoku Meiro no Croisee. If I was a magical girl, Ikoku Meiro no Croisee would be my Kyubey.
3. A favorite word or Quote from any anime series?
Hold up lemme just pull out Simon’s monologue in the last episode of Gurren Lagann…
“We evolve past the person we were a minute before! Little by little, we advance a little further with each turn! That’s how a drill works!…Mark my words. This drill will open a hole in the universe and that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. That’s Tengen Toppa. That’s Gurren Lagann! My drill is the drill that creates the heavens!”
…I-I’m sorry. That scene makes me cry manly tears every time…
4. An anime undergarment/Tattoo what would it be about?
I’d get tattoos like Kamina’s.
5. Two characters to cheat in an exam with at the same time. Why?
Ishikawa from Ghost in the Shell aaaand Kyubey. Ishikawa since he’s Section 9 intel guy and I’m pretty sure he can just hack the school database and access the answer key for the exam. That, or simply change our grades after the test. Ah, the wonders of hacking. Then again, there’s a good chance that his system isn’t compatible with the comparably low-tech computers of today. Kyubey because I can’t think of another answer so I pick Kyubey. If all else fails, I could always wish for a passing grade. I’d look horrible as a magical girl by the way.
Well that’s it for my answers. Hope they were entertaining enough. Now it’s MY turn to ask the questions!
1. If you were approached by a figure manufacturer one day and asked which piece of anime/video game-related art you would want turned into a PVC figure, what would you answer? An image would be nice.
This piece of artwork of Ginchiyo Tachibana from Samurai Warriors 3:
Samurai Warriors has always been one of my favorite game franchises. Ginchiyo has always been my favorite character there. It’s a shame Koei, the game developer, never geared towards their merchandising. Their Warriors games have always had great character designs which would make great figures. I chose this artwork specifically because of the simple yet dynamic pose and Ginchiyo’s semi-realistic face in this one.
2. If you could take an old anime (pre-2000s) and let it have a remake, which would it be?
I’d love to see a new Card Captor Sakura. I love Clamp anime. My big three are CCS, Chobits and Kobato. Chobits had a Blu-Ray remake and Kobato’s relatively new (2009 I think) so that just leaves Card Captor Sakura due for a new round of watching.
3. Which would you call the most underrated manga/anime of all time?
Would definitely be Shin Angyo Onshi. It saddens me every time I remember that it never had a proper anime series (just a crappy OVA which does no justice to the manga) and the manga was never localised either. The art was great, the story was great. The problem was that it was a Korean manhwa during a time where Korean manhwa wasn’t really appreciated.
It’s either this or Shikabane Hime. It’s not considered one of the Gainax greats but it was a kickass series with a female lead, Makina, who doesn’t wear panties!
4. Realistically, who would make a terrible waifu/husbando?
As awesome as Alice from Ikoku Meiro no Croisee is, I believe she’s too much of a fan girl to settle down and find a husband. Yeah, I’m betting if Ikoku Meiro no Croisee had a second season (WHICH IT DESERVES), there’d be an Alice arc involving courtship dilemmas.
5. If you had to be a certain anime character’s servant, who would it be? How do you think it would go?
I’d be Alice’s personal butler and I would enjoy every second of bathing her. Aaaahn~(drifting off into pedo thoughts)
Alright-o! There’s my five questions, now for the five blogs to answer them! Oh, and even if you’re not included here, you’re free to answer these questions too and spread the game!
Thankfully I already don’t remember this…
Of course I won’t pass up the opportunity to shamelessly plug the blog Facebook page!